Believe it or not, you can teach an old dog new tricks. In fact, people who embrace continuing education now may be better equipped than ever before to build their skill sets and enjoy long, successful careers in their field of choice.
To better understand the importance of continuing education, let's first consider the following statistics from adult education systems expert World Education:
- 30 million U.S. adults do not have a high school diploma.
- On average, 63 percent of U.S. adults with low academic skills are employed, but these adults earn low wages and are not prepared to go to college.
- Adults who lack a high school diploma are more than twice as likely to be unemployed and nearly three times as likely to live in poverty than adults who have completed some college classes.
- By 2018, 63 percent of U.S. jobs will require post-high school education.
Adult education is a difference-maker. It enables adults – regardless of age, background or skills – to become valuable contributors in any profession. Perhaps best of all, new technologies empower adults to enroll in engaging, informative continuing education classes and build their skill sets at their convenience.
Udemy is proud to offer more than 55,000 online courses to 15 million students worldwide. These courses enable students to explore a variety of topics, including:
- Business: With these classes, students can gain the insights that they need to succeed in a highly competitive global business landscape.
- Development: For students who want to learn the ins and outs of web development, e-commerce and software testing, Udemy's development courses may prove to be ideal.
- Marketing: What does it take to promote a product or service to the right people, at the right time, every time? Find out by enrolling in one of Udemy's marketing classes.
- Office Productivity: Thanks to these classes, students can become experts in Microsoft, Salesforce and other office productivity software.
- Photography: Students who want to become commercial photographers or simply enjoy taking landscape photos are sure to appreciate Udemy's comprehensive photography classes.
There's a lot to like about Udemy's course catalog. Additionally, Udemy classes provide many benefits, such as:
- You can receive expert insights into a wide variety of topics. Udemy classes are taught by highly trained and experienced instructors. This means students can receive unparalleled insights into a broad range of subjects.
- You can complete classes on your own schedule. Udemy classes are self-paced and can be completed on any schedule, at any time.
- You can stand out in a fierce job market. Udemy classes empower you with the skills that you need to thrive, and ultimately, may help you stand out to prospective employers.
- You won't have to break your budget to learn new skills. Udemy classes are affordably priced. Therefore, you won't have to worry about taking out student loans to learn new skills.
- You can become an instructor. In addition to offering classes, Udemy enables you to teach what you love. And if you're an expert on a particular topic, you can always create a Udemy online course.
Today, you can sign up for most Udemy courses for just $10 each – click here for full details.