It's back to school for nearly everyone, including you! That is, it could be if you are feeling up to the challenge. At Promocodes.com, we suggest getting collegiate by way of Udemy, an online teaching marketplace with more than 15 million students.
More about Udemy… it's an online resource that you could find exceptionally useful if you want to learn a new skill, advance your knowledge in a particular subject, try something completely new, or even just do a brush-up. Students are incredibly diverse (somewhat obvious, given the numbers!), and so are the instructors. And don’t take our word for it -- Udemy has a blog that tells you all about the students and professors who come through their virtual door (and it’s very interesting).
Udemy’s an established online option for courses, with a long history, one that's as impressive as the number of courses offered. It started in 2007 with a lone virtual classroom built in Turkey by a man named Eren Bali. Today, more than 55,000 courses are offered, and while they aren't for college credit, it's a font of knowledge for the curious, the erudite, and the pre-college. Everyone can learn, and learn at their own pace, and quite often, the cost is minimal.
Maybe you've never taken a course online before, and you're not sure what to expect. We think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how smooth these courses can run. Here’s how it works:
- Search for a course by topic, from programming to software testing to English. A partial list includes development, business, IT, design, marketing, lifestyle, health and fitness, music, and languages… and then subsections are incredibly numerous. In the language section, for example, we found Italian, Arabic, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, and yes, even “other.”
- Get browsing. You can select the topic and sort by the top 20 courses in each area. Take a look at the full list, where you can sort by popularity or price, for example.
- Don’t be afraid to take advantage of Udemy coupon codes. Right now, you can get 40% off all courses.
- Select a course and go through the same checkout procedure as you would do with anything online… find the “Buy Now” button and get to it. Oh, and they accept PayPal, too!
Some people will wonder if taking classes online is right for them. Maybe you’re already enrolled in a university, or you will be in the upcoming year. If you’re in college, boning up on an essential topic that will make your studies so much smoother (like photography if you’re a fashion student, or art if you are in marketing!). Flexibility is yet another reason why Udemy is such a great option -- for everyone.
Deals Right Now
- All courses for $10
- Up to 94% off courses
- Sign up for Udemy alerts for more information about sales, including lifetime access to top courses in many categories
Happy Shopping -- And Learning!