Celebrate National Coffee Day and Save On your Cup Of Joe!
Whether you're a minimum-three-cups-a-day coffee drinker or more of a casual sipper, we're here because we love a deal -- and Friday, September 29 is National Coffee Day.
Don't drink coffee? That's also fine! Don't forget that your friends can benefit from your amazing deals on National Coffee Day (so treat a pal to a cup of free or very low-priced coffee if you can). It's the gesture that counts… but we’ve already talked it up long enough. Here are some thoughts to get you started:
- Get yours free today! Ultimate deal-chasers that we are, we recommend you take advantage of free coffee deals. And look out -- after you score your free cup, you may be able to grab your second for a discounted price. And if not? You still scored a BOGO deal (or 50% off each coffee. No matter how you slice it, the math is on your side!). Locally, you may be able to score a free coffee at Cinnabon, Wawa, Krispy Kreme, and Cumberland Farms. McDonald’s is doing a discount deal, as is Dunkin’ Donuts.
- Discounted. Do you love super-fancy coffee? There's no shame in that. Look for 20 to 50 percent off, and if you don't see it, ask!
- Freebie food. Some coffee places are giving away little snacks along with coffee, be it free or discounted. Get yourself to the nearest coffee spot and look for cakes, muffins, or (my personal favorite) whoopie pies in honor of the day.
Now that you’ve saved in real life, it’s time to save at home with online deals (that way, you can prolong this momentous occasion!). Here are some great ways to save on coffee at home:
- Get reusable k-cups for your coffee maker. Fill them with ground coffee, and don’t contribute to the plastic waste that’s littering our ocean. You can find reusable k-cups at Coffee.org.
- Buy whole beans, and then grind them yourself. I like Coffee for Less, which currently has a great deal at Promocodes.com.
- Consider buying basic, but tasty, coffee, and then jazzing it up with flavored almond milk (like chocolate!) or fun syrups. I would try buying the coffee at Target, where you can score an additional discount (and free shipping) with your RED card.
- Make what you need. Do you live by yourself? Don’t brew a full pot every time (12 cups is too much for even the most dedicated of coffee drinkers). Measure well, or stick to a k-cup brewer that helps maintain portion control.
- No money for a fancy coffee machine? Splurge on beans (see above), and then use a classy french press or a single cup brewer. Snag one at Coffee Wholesale USA.
The fact that National Coffee Day falls on a Friday isn't lost on us. Make today a celebration -- meet friends early for a cup of joe and ring in the weekend early, or schlep some doughnuts back to the office for the gang.
Happy Shopping (for that perfect cup of Joe!).