With summer fast approaching, we’re thinking about how to update our beauty routine to make sure we don’t melt in the sun without spending a fortune. What changes need to made, you ask? Well, that’s what we’re here for! Let’s break down five major makeup tips for summer and the corresponding products you need to make the changes so you can look flawless in the heat.
1. Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer $39.60. It’s time to swap out your high-coverage foundation for a lightweight tinted moisturizer. Get this one while it’s on sale, as it’s one of our faves. We love the illuminating factor, which brightens your skin and makes it glow. There’s no need for a heavy layer when the sun is shining.
2. Glossier Stretch Concealer $18. We love this concealer because it’s so lightweight and truly stretches across your skin and melts right in. This isn’t one of those heavy, cakey concealers, so fear not when the temperature starts to rise.
3. L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder $11.49. Although we absolutely love the dewy look, when it’s hot outside we still need just a little bit of powder for our T-zone. This one by L’Oreal is inexpensive and effective.
4. Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna $40. Since we want to keep our faces intact through all our summer activities, we’re making the switch from cream to powder bronzer. Just a few swipes of this across the top of your forehead, the hollows of your cheeks, and jawline, and you’ll be positively glowing.
5. Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow $24. Last, but certainly not least, is this volumizing fiber gel, which clings to your eyebrows and gives you that fluffy natural brow look, as opposed to the overly manicured, painted-on brow.
Finish your look off with a swipe of your favorite mascara and your summer look is done! Five easy steps and five wonderful products are all you need for that sun-kissed glow.