The capsule wardrobe concept is revolutionary, and it can save you a bundle. With a few carefully-curated items in your repertoire, you can create dozens of outfits on a dime (and with Promocodes.com, you can make the savings stretch even further!).
This time, we picked three different staple items from Alternative Apparel to show you exactly how we could work certain items in any setting. What we’ve chosen are basics in color and/or design, which means that you won’t have any issues mixing and matching no matter what your personal style. Follow our lead!
Shirtdresses are a must for fall, for both work and play. These simple dresses have a perfect button-up silhouette and are easy to layer as the weather gets cooler. Let’s take a look at three different styles:
- For work: Grab a basic, slim belt and a pair of opaque tights, and wear with medium-height heels in a basic color.
- For play: Wear your shirtdress loose with a beret and a pair of ballerina flats or wedge sneakers. Add a knitted vest or a leather jacket… or consider wearing the dress open over jeans and a cami.
- For night: Pair your simple, classic shirtdress with boots – mini or thigh-high.
T-shirts can be tricky if you try to make them work in the office, but there are a couple tips that can leave them looking just as polished as you hoped. A starter – hide the neckline and tuck it in! Wearing your tee over the weekend is a no-brainer, and you can mix looks up with a skirt, too.
- For work: Toss on a blazer over your satiny tee, and sling on a scarf to drape over the neckline and keep everything looking buttoned-up. Wear trousers instead of jeans.
- For play: A tee, jeans, and a statement necklace look fantastic together, and can be layered up and down based on the weather. Consider a chunky, open cardigan.
- For night: Pair your tee with an unexpected textural element like a leather skirt, faux-leather leggings, or moto-inspired leggings.
Even a mini skirt will work for the office with the right accessories – and wearing it out at night is a no-brainer! This lovely little piece from Alternative Apparel does the heavy lifting, wardrobe-wise, and it’s a cinch to combine with staples even in a trendy shade like yellow.
- For work: Wear thick, completely opaque tights and flat booties for your first look. To make sure it looks buttoned-up enough, pair the mini with a black turtleneck or mock neck and a cardigan or blazer. For fun, add tassels to your boot laces or a brightly-colored scarf.
- For play: Patterned tights or a checked, fall-friendly shirt works wonders with this autumnal skirt. For ease, layer a bodysuit underneath the skirt… you’ll have your tights and basic top sorted in one go.
- For night: A slinky silky cami and thigh-high boots transform this pretty skirt.
As long as you add a coupon code, we know you’ll get the most for your money this fall with these staples.