Get Outdoors This Summer! Try at Least One of These Activities for the First Time
“Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
There’s something about the magnetism of the season that’s calling us outdoors. The sun is shining, warming the earth. And I can see summer peeking around the corner. I can’t wait to get out into nature and try something new.
City living or country life, you’re never too far from the nearest body of water, hiking trail or mountain range. Getting out there doesn’t need to be a lot of work or cost a lot of money, especially with the discounts offered by Promocodes.com in partnership with Altrec, Proboardshop and The House.
So go ahead and challenge yourself this summer; try at least one of these outdoor activities for the first time:
1) Paddleboarding: Yes, you’ve seen them standing on a 12-foot board paddling through the currents. Maybe it was last season at the nearby beach, or even on your favorite beach-themed TV show. Originally created in the early 1930s, the sport made a huge comeback during the past 10 years starting on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii. The board can be propelled lying down, kneeling or standing on the open ocean or other bodies of water, including lakes and bays. Whether you choose a leisurely pace or a race, it’s great exercise, burning between 300 and 700 calories an hour. The House has some great options for boards available for as much as 50% off; save even more with our coupons. Get started by purchasing a board:
Paddleboard 31% off - $549.95:
2) Hiking: An activity for the whole family, you can hike the countryside or a nearby mountain range. The local parks and recreation authority can give you some ideas for great hiking trails depending on your skill level. One of the best things about hiking – you don’t need a lot of gear and the gear that you do need is typically inexpensive. It’s a good idea to invest in some solid hiking shoes, a lightweight hydration backpack and an all-weather jacket. Check out the discounted options from Altrec and get free shipping with our coupon.
Hiking shoes 20% off - $59.95:
Hydration pack 40% off - $47.95:
Rain Jacket 30% off $111.95:
3) Mountain Biking: Looking for something more extreme? Mountain biking offers that rush for anyone willing to hit the off-road trails and add an extra dose of adrenaline. The sport is not for biking novices. It requires endurance, core strength, balance, bike-handling skills and self-reliance. You’ll want to look into going with an experienced group for your first time; search for local mountain biking clubs and sign up for their next trip. Make sure to check out Altrec and Proboardshop for everything you need at great discounts and get free shipping with our coupons. In addition to a mountain bike and helment, don’t forget a hydration pack (see above), emergency supplies, a first aid kit and a map.
Men’s Mountain Bike 42% off - $599.95:
Women’s Mountain Bike 8% off - $329.99:
Women’s Bike Helmet 30% off - $27.95:
4) Camping: Spend a romantic night with your partner, or build self-reliance and teamwork with the whole family at a nearby campground. Camps range from those with running water and electric outlets, to minimalist camping in the backwoods wilderness. Keep in mind you may need reservations. Search for commercial campgrounds, and state and national parks that allow camping or ask friends for recommendations. Once you book your spot, make sure you have the essentials to maximize the fun, safety and comfort level you seek. Get all that you need and save on camping gear with great discounts from The House and Altrec. Here’s a few things you may need:
2–person tent 20% off - $111.95:
Family tent 14% off - $213.95:
Sleeping bag 42% off - $75.85:
Lantern 20% off - $31.95:
5) Wakeboarding: If you’re truly up for a new, extreme challenge try wakeboarding, which combines water skiing, snowboarding and surfing techniques. The sport requires a tow by a motorboat or personal watercraft (like a SeaDoo). Regardless of whether you already have access to a motorized tow, you’ll want to explore lessons with a professional, which you can find at most beaches or lakes that also offer rentals. Proboardshop helps you gear up before you head out at great discounts. A minimum you’ll want to wear a wetsuit or rashguard and if you’re serious about picking up the sport long-term get yourself a board!
Women’s wetsuit 53% off - $46.95:
Women’s rashguard 50% off - $39.95:
Women’s wakeboard 17% off - $239.99:
Now that you have some great ideas, what new activity are you going to try this summer? Whether paddle boarding, hiking, mountain biking, camping or wakeboarding I hope you enjoy it. And make sure you don’t forget your sunscreen!