Online Courses That Save You Money and Time
It’s no secret – traditional higher-level learning institutions have struggled for years in light of government funding cuts, high tuition costs, and the declining public perception of the value of the college degree (especially given the long-term investment). But on the flip side, issues faced by higher-level institutions have opened the door to the emergence of high-quality online learning centers. Today, nearly six million students in the United States have moved away from the traditional model to take online courses, a trend that has continued to grow over the past 13 years.
In fact, even academic leaders share in the growing interest in the shift; they join students in seeing online learning as the same or superior to face-to-face instruction.
If you’re considering a career change or looking for an opportunity to grow, online learning is a great place to get started. Whether taking one course, or a full college curriculum, these digital learning centers provide an opportunity for students ranging from high-school grads to busy professionals to learn from virtually anywhere with an internet connection: Udemy.com, 360training.com, Coursera.com, edX.org, Lynda.com, pluralsight.com and Simplilearn.com.
Here are some of the top benefits you can expect from online learning:
1) Lower costs (and even more savings from Promocodes): Cut out the costs of commuting, and reduce or eliminate payment for course materials (many are free or low-cost online). These two cost benefits alone mean online courses can be much more affordable than traditional, face-to-face classes.
2) Get specialized expertise: With so many online educational resources and courses out there, you can learn how to do virtually anything. You can also tailor your experience and expertise, for example, from taking one coding class to earning one of many IT certifications.
3) Learn in your pjs: For most online courses, there are no face-to-face classes. Everything is electronic from the lectures to submitting your assignments. Learn in the comfort of your home.
4) Choose when you want to learn (and keep your day job): Choose to take online courses at times that are most convenient for you. If you’re employed full time, arrange your courses around your work schedule. This flexibility allows you to learn while also keeping your day (or night) job.
To help you find the best fit, here’s a bit more about each of our partners offering online educational programs:
1) Udemy offers more than 45,000 courses and at $10 each it’s no surprise that there are more than 15 million students taking courses on the site. Classes range from business management to music. Learn at your pace on any device.
2) 360training.com is offering up to 50% off select courses through the end of April. Some courses are even free! The site offers more than 6,000 courses for career development and has attracted more than 4 million learners from 67 countries. Learn anything from environmental health and safety to insurance education.
3) At Coursera.com each course is like an interactive textbook, featuring video lectures, quizzes and projects, auto-graded and peer-reviewed assignments and community discussion forums. The most popular courses lean toward technology, including machine learning, algorithms and programming with Python.
4) Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX offers high-quality courses from top universities and institutions worldwide. Classes cover computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, marketing and more. edX is the only MOOC provider that is nonprofit and open source.
5) At Lynda.com you can learn a new skill online, on your time. The site offers nearly 6,000 courses in business, technology and creative skills. You can even get a 10-day free trial.
6) Pluralsight.com not only helps students keep up with technology, it helps them master it. The site offers 5,000 highly specialized, on-demand courses in data management, architecture and construction, manufacturing and design, business and information and cyber security.
7) Simplilearn is one of the world’s leading certification training providers. The site provides online training in disciplines in rapidly changing fields, including: cyber security, cloud computing, project management, digital marketing, and data science, among others. Learn in blended programs that combine online classes, instructor-led live virtual classrooms, project work and 24/7 teaching assistance.
Given all of the great benefits of online learning, and the many options, it’s no surprise that there is such a huge demand for these online educational resources. If you’re feeling the itch to learn a new profession, or grow in your current field, you don’t have to make excuses any longer. Now is the time to start exploring these new opportunities. Don’t pass up this great opportunity to learn online at your leisure while saving time and money. Save even more with our coupons.